Refugee Advice and Casework Service Australia (RACS)
You are invited to this public meeting in the Marrickville Town Hall organised by RACS to support the legal right for people to seek asylum.
There are 1,100 men, women and children in NSW who need critical legal support to prepare for interviews with the Department of Home Affairs. These interviews will decide whether they can remain in Australia or risk being returned to danger.
By coming together as a community we can make a difference to the lives of 1,100 people.
- The ‘Choir of Love’ will be performing. With singers from refugee backgrounds, it is an all embracing community choir that is multi-faith and multicultural.
- Three-time Walkley award winning Guardian journalist Ben Doherty will speak about his work reporting on challenges facing refugees and what motivates him to focus on this issue.
• Australian Director, International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN).
• Author of Fallout from Fukushima and Fact or Fission: The Truth About Australian’s Nuclear Ambitions.
• Board member of the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN).
• Australian Ambassador to Vietnam (1983-85), South Korea (1987-89) and Cuba (1994-97).
• Peace activist with the Marrickville Peace Group since 2002.
• National Committee member of the Independent and Peaceful Australia Network.
Download the forum flyer here.